Due to its accessibility, street photography has become an increasingly popular way to create art from the everyday. Whether you use a film camera, DSLR, or even your smartphone, capturing the “decisive moment” is as challenging as it is addictive.
The streets and people of bustling downtown Yangon are a playground for street photographers. The diverse ethnicities, architecture, colors, and spontaneous energy of the city provide a brilliant range of subjects for developing your technical and composition skills.
On this guided street photography walk around downtown Yangon we will:
– Review basics of exposure and camera settings for street photography
– Review basics of framing and composition for street shooting
– Discover essential field techniques to become an effective street photographer
– Build confidence and conquer fear of shooting strangers in the street
– Develop your observational and storytelling skills
– Learn to see and observe to develop your creative personal style and perspective
This event is a benefit for Myanmar SEEDS, a non-profit association based in Bagan working to develop education, environment, and livelihood programs for the rural poor. A donation of $40usd is requested in exchange for participation. 100% of donations support local projects in Bagan.
What to bring: camera or smartphone, sunblock, hat, umbrella, donation.